Sunday, January 20, 2019

Comic Reviews: Deadpool and Star Wars

Since I've been sick the last few weeks, I have not been posting as often as I would have liked. Hopefully I will pick up the pace for the foreseeable future. I have decided to start doing weekly video reviews of the comics I am reading. I post these reviews on my YouTube channel. Every two weeks I will write a blog post with links to whatever reviews I've done and briefly comment on the other books I'm reading. Over the last three weeks I've reviewed Deadpool #8 and Star Wars #59 (nothing of interest really came out last week).


I also read:
Detective Comics #995 which I liked, though it has a shocking plot development I'm unsure about.
Star Wars Age Of Republic: Obi-Wan Kenobi #1 which was pretty good and generally in line with the Obi Wan and Anakin miniseries Marvel put out a few years ago. 
Batman #62 which I have mixed feelings about. The art by Mitch Gerards was great but Tom King's story was a bit heady handed at times. I'll reserve my judgments until this arc is complete. 
Avengers #12 was a lot of fun, as we see T'challa recruit a bunch of colorful heroes, including Wasp and Ka-Zar, as the Avenger's support staff. It's a bit of a filler issue but I am excited for what's to come (Blade!). 

I also picked up the latest issues of Wonder Woman and Justice League, but I haven't read them because I am way behind. 

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment