Saturday, June 23, 2018

Saturday Evening Cartoons: Incredibles 2 (2018) (Video)

I decided to do a short video review of Incredibles 2...


There are a few things I forgot to mention in the video that I'd like to add:

1) I saw the villain plot coming a mile away. I'm not sure if this is the film's fault or if I've just seen to many movies. It's probably a bit of both.

2) The offending line from Mr. Incredible which I allude to in the video is basically him implying that he only wants Helen to win the public's trust back so that he, not his family or his friends, can be a superhero again. This seems to me to go against his arc in the first movie, which was learning to put his family first. It's also never addressed again after this. It's possible that I took it the wrong way and that Brad Bird meant this to be a Freudian slip on Bob's part, revealing a deep seated desire that he is, correctly, trying to keep in check. As I said it simply rubbed me the wrong way.

Finally, as it's my usual practice and I neglected to do so in the video I will rate the film.

Score: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment